Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ski Pig

I'm four weeks away from heading back to work and I still haven't completed one of my major projects - to get all our digital photos in one place. Sadly I will not be able to show you scenes from 20o7, when we put Pig in skis for the first time. Below are from last year's vacation in Leogang.


This year, we knew we wanted to take this ski school thing seriously. As part of our hotel booking we arranged for 5 days of ski school in the morning and afternoon, as well as pick up by the hotel staff for the kids to have lunch. The bunny hills were directly before our balcony.

So the first day we spent the morning with Pig at the ski school, where of course there were more wails and flailing body parts than you could count. It also dawned upon the Pig our plans were for him to spend the days skiing without us (gee kid, don't you know your parents by now?). He didn't like it one bit.

The second day we picked him up at the end of the day and was told he went to the ski school in the morning but refused to go in the afternoon. Boring, he told us.

The third day we got a call on the slopes and it was the staff telling us Pig was refusing to go to ski school. We told him he had to go if he ever wanted to take the gondola up the mountain. We went to pick him up in the afternoon and indeed he did go, but they confirmed it was too boring for him and we should arrange for him to join the ski school on top

He spent the last 2 days riding up with us to the bigger ski school area.


And I don't think Jochen could be prouder.



Each day I asked both Jochen and the Pig whether they missed the Monchi, and they just looked at me blankly. Oh I missed my little sweetheart!

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter