Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How I Survived the Parental Inspection Tour

Port in Antalya

My parents' 10 day visit ended this morning and I have to say all in all it was a resounding success. Although my mother has visited me in Cologne several times in the past, this was my father's first trip and I had my doubts about how he would take to being on my "turf" and dealing with the grandkids for such an intense period of time. Turns out he was much more flexible than I gave him credit for and accepted a lot of things a lot better than I would have expected....it all goes to show that your own family may still have the ability to surprise you, after all.

Pig's affectionate greeting of his grandparents despite nearly a year's absence played no small part in making sure the visit got off to a good start. They were thrilled that he warmed to them immediately, and of course they were especially excited to see Monchichi for the first time. This charm offensive meant they managed no-real-Chinese-food-the-entire-visit without a single complaint. Pretty incredible!

We all had a great time at our resort in Turkey.



And ate too much the entire time...


So now the REAL vacation begins...that is, after I get the laundry done and ourselves packed for the drive down to Serfaus this Friday. I'm a bit sad because Monchi will stay with her grandmother in Frankfurt - our first time really apart!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

SKI HELMETS FOR EVERYONE!

Yiwen said...

You are absolutely right!! Even without the terrible Natasha Richardson incident we were set to fit all of us out with them this season...

 

Free Blog Counter