Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Letterboxing

Ok, this completely blows my mind away!! Arlene heeded my earlier call and forwarded some really cool links recently - fruits of her *idle* surfing on the internet during winter break. One of them led me to letterboxing - are you all aware of this past time?? How cool that there is a network of treasure hunt enthusiasts keeping this English tradition alive, and isn't it just the perfect activity to keep grade school + children outdoors? Read all about it at http://www.letterboxing.org

Jochen would laugh at my excitement, since he knows a gnat could find its way out of a paper bag faster than I can...

I just found a German site - we're a few years off but this is something I'm going to keep in mind for the kids. Can't wait to strap Monchichi in the carrier to hit the trails this summer!!

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter