Sunday, January 12, 2020

Happy 2020! Glad to be Back

Wonderful that this blog still exists after nine years, and is resuscitated at a whim with little effort (if it had been more complicated the whim would have surely passed).  I'm somewhat regretful I didn't manage to keep up journaling during a kick-ass period of amazing parenting and stellar career progression, because it could have been one of those glossy fun zombie movies with the inside jokes, the knowing cultural references, when really it should have been a study on the terror and gore of night sweats and stress that came with sick children, disgruntled spouse and unreal work deadlines.  Alas!

So the new decade is here, and as with the last time I am actually very ready and welcoming of the shiny new year ahead as well as the big milestone birthday.  The difference being I am now exiting the period of being a carer for little people, and my perspective about what I need to do versus what I want to do is converging like never before.  This is a wonderful and scary thing that I hope to explore in the journey ahead.    








 

Free Blog Counter